Saturday 15 June 2013

Can, bottle or draught?

I have got just a few reviews into this blog and it occurs to me that ciders come in both cans and bottles in the supermarket, as well as on draught in bars, I will be trying all the formats although I expect (whatever the purists might say) that the drink will be more or less the same whatever the format.

So that led me to decide that I should explain my tasting technique just to clarify the process. Supermarket purchases are chilled in a fridge for at least 24 hours before consumption, and served in a glass. The process will be the same for cans and for bottles. On occasions when I have not been reviewing drinks, I would drink straight from the can or bottle, but for the purposes of tasting for this blog, I will keep the process consistently the same.

If I get the chance to sample ciders 'on tap' in a pub or bar, I will include those reviews in this blog too. It is quite possible that a single cider may be reviewed in each of the three possible formats.

I have seen a couple of interesting drinks that I want to review including a proper 'scrumpy' cider and a 'still' cider. On the other hand, there are a range of fruit ciders that I have tried in the past and am not keen on, but will drink and review nonetheless (the pains I am going to have to endure for this blog!), I may even end up drinking that anathema.. the pear cider!! all  for the greater scientific goal of comparing all the different ciders available on the shelves of my local supermarket. Thankfully there seems to be quite an extensive choice, so I should be able to generate a lot of reviews without having to look too hard for new drinks to try..

No comments :

Post a Comment